Dave,

as promised and while you still insist saying that we were deeply wrong, we
have put on-line two different updates

1)
https://gsvit.wordpress.com/2015/01/12/further-measurements-on-the-md-6k-n-pump-used-by-tadahiko-mizuno/

2)
https://gsvit.wordpress.com/2014/12/10/analysis-of-jed-rothwells-report-about-his-calorimetry-performed-on-mizunos-cell/

The first one shows how you are terribly wrong with your calculations based
on the kinetic energy only. We show that your assumption are completely
wrong just referring to usual pump working diagram. In the pump under test
you can not have simultaneously maximum head and maximum flow rate; the
working point we chose was such that we had almost the same working
conditions Mizuno had. Please take your time to read our post before
commenting. The major result is that we measured 43°C in the pump body very
close to the water so it is really easy to understand that, despite what
Jed says, the pump motor delivers a lot of heat to the water; it is this
the power we measure and it is by far much more that the mechanical power
(3 W maximum from the data sheet).

But, let me say that the second link is even more interesting [you have to
go to the end of the article, the Appendix]: we set up a software
simulation tools and were able to replicate by simulation the Mizuno's
measurement. It was enough to evaluate the overall thermal transmittance of
the system that is constant at least for the considered temperature range.
If we simulate the Mizuno's curve starting from a time instant when the
reactor is no more generating excess heat, it is possible to evaluate the
only source of heat: the pump. We have to use only the room temperature as
provided by Mizuno's data and the system starting temperature. The pump
power turns out to be about 4 W.

So we get comparable results by using very different methods

1) Pump theory and data sheet

2) Experiment

3) Simulations

All the rest are only free words.

We are going to apply the simulation to all the Mizuno's experiments to see
if we can get those curves without any excess heat.

Regards and take it easy.

Please, consider to read all the articles in our site concerning the
Mizuno's experiment.

Gigi aka Giancarlo