Bob,

You have uncovered a pump specification that proves that the replication work
by Gigi and allies is not accurate.  They report to have determined that
approximately 4.5 watts of thermal power is being absorbed by the circulating
water under their test condition.  This amount of reported power is clearly
more than the pump should add and they need to explain why we should accept
their data as accurate.

Also, I have performs extensive calculations within a spreadsheet that is based
upon the lift head versus fluid flow rate of this model pump.  It is capable of
delivering less than 1 watt of fluid power into the water coolant under the
best of conditions.   My actual calculation is .75 watts at 6 liters per minute
which I rounded off for convenience to 1 watt.  I included both potential as
well as kinetic energy related powers.

Any additional power imparted to the water must come from pump friction and
thermal leakage through the construction materials.  Without  further careful
measurements we or Gigi can not assume that the pump used by Mizuno is
operating at its specification limit of 3 watts.  Of course the measurement of
4.5 watts by Gigi is certainly not representative of a pump that is in good
condition.

The pump manual has several warnings about how easy it is to damage it and that
strongly suggests that Gigi and his team has done just that in order to obtain
their non representative performance.  No one but Mizuno knows the status of
his pump during those tests so the only conclusion that can conservatively be
drawn is that the skeptical report by Gigi and team should not be considered
valid.

The pump manual states that the water reservoir must be at least 1 foot above
the pump input port in order to prevent possible air intake along with the
coolant water.  Operation under conditions that do not meet this requirement
can damage the pump according to the manual.  Unfortunately, in both of the
cases being discussed this was not done.  The setup used by Gigi very clearly
shows the pump mounted above the Dewar by several inches.  The same appears
true for Mizuno's experiment.

Dave