Yeah, well I worked at the facility that developed the first supercomputer and the software was the pre-Internet social networking system called PLATO after which I was hired to architect the first mass market electronic newspaper and, from that position, developed an unpartiioned 64-bit version of network addressing that was unfortunately crowded out by the partitioned IP address. In that position my colleagues included David P. Reed (UDP inventor) as well as John Backus whose Turing Award Lecture was on the need for what he called Formal Functional Programming as a means of formalizing parallel processing. My effort at that time and since has been a relational, rather than functional, approach to programming since functions are degenerate relations -- and that led to my final days as a computer professional at HP's "Internet Chapter 2" project circa 2000 when I hired perhaps the only guy in the world with the requisite background with Principia Mathematica to take Russell's Relation Arithmetic a step closer to resolving an enormous range of problems with the foundations of computer science. That one guy was nearly shut out of being hired to do that work because he was a US citizen, and therefore did not qualify for H-1b status -- which was what I was told I had to hire from.
I was such a racist bigot that I told them I would resign if I couldn't hire this US citizen. The only thing more nauseating than a Church Lady is a morally vain "anti-racist" in a world where software technology is regressing so that Silicon Valley can be turned foreign invasion force. More than 62% of programmers in Silicon Valley are now foreign born and they imposed the atavistic software technologhy knowns as Java on the Fortune 500 along with nepotistic hiring. On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:28 PM, MarkI-ZeroPoint <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi James, > > There are several Vorts who make a living doing software, and I as one > (mostly embedded stuff) agree for the most part with your comments. > Hardware designers (and I lump together logic / CPU / circuit designers) > have much better tools (which are software!) than software designers… a > modern CPU with tens/hundreds of millions of transistors can be > designed/simulated/validated with excellent accuracy. Software tools are > not nearly as advanced, although they are moving in that direction. > Another is that the pressure of very short development cycles prevents > software teams from taking considerable time to come up to speed on the > more sophisticated software design tools, like model-driven development. > > -mark > > > > *From:* James Bowery [mailto:[email protected]] > *Sent:* Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:42 PM > *To:* vortex-l > *Subject:* Re: [Vo]:doubling speed every 2 years for decades more, Intel > silicon photonics now revolutionizing data centers, Michael Kassner: Rich > Murray 2015.01.26 > > > > People are conflating advances in hardware with advances in software. > Software has been stuck in the dark ages for decades and as a result has > metastasized to fill whatever capacity Moore's Law has provided with > linear, at best, advance in utility. For many day-to-day operations the > responsiveness of systems like MS Windows has actually decreased. > > > > There are real advances in software but they're generally buried in the > noise. > > > > On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:10 PM, MarkI-ZeroPoint <[email protected]> > wrote: > > Hi Steven, > Hope you and the catz are staying warm and dry... > > I guess my point was more of a general observation... I have long thought > it interesting that Darwinian theory ala 'survival of the fittest' could be > applied equally well to a localized population of animals and to something > as large as an entire human civilization. Fully agree with your comment > about ISIS/ISIL, and I will add that probably all religions have had their > 'embarrasing' eras of fanatical followers, and that by the time that era > ends, much pain and suffering will have occurred. The cycle will likely > continue until the consciousness of the majority of the human population > gets raised considerably... I think you ought to cut the Christians a bit > if slack since they were sounding the warning about the fanatical side of > Islam long ago, and the liberals used every opportunity to label them as > racists/bigots. > > -mark > > > -----Original Message----- > From: Orionworks - Steven Vincent Johnson [mailto:[email protected]] > Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 10:18 AM > To: [email protected] > Subject: RE: [Vo]:doubling speed every 2 years for decades more, Intel > silicon photonics now revolutionizing data centers, Michael Kassner: Rich > Murray 2015.01.26 > > > Steven: > > Societies without some form of moral code, a shared sense of right and > > wrong, usually don’t last long… > > Hi Mark, > > Agreed. But in the meantime, they can do a lot of damage and cause much > pain and suffering before they implode. The real irony is that most believe > they are truly following the highest moral code of all. I'm thinking of > ISIS as an example. > > Again, I don't disagree with your point. However, is the point you are > making in regards to Kurzweil's belief systems or is that my belief system > you are referring to? > > Or something else? > > Regards, > Steven Vincent Johnson > svjart.orionworks.com > zazzle.com/orionworks > > >

