It sure looks like something is happening to change Li-6 to Li-7 in both
samples.

The Ni isotopic changes sure seem to indicate that Ni-58 is involved as well as
the formation of Cu-65.  What happens between 58 and 65 is not clear.  However
it looks like there is a reaction that creates Cu isotopes.  Ni-63 (100 years
half life) to Cu-63 (a beta decay reaction with no gamma) is a possibility.
The amount of Cu to begin with would be useful, to understand how much Cu is
forming.

If Cu-65 is formed in the reaction, the route to this stable isotope would
potentially be the most important piece of information from this test.

A possibility is Ni-65 to Cu-65, which does involve a 1 Mev gamma and seems
inconsistent with the no-gamma testing. Ni-66 occurring  is unlikely also,
since it involves a decay to Zn-66 with gammas involved via Cu-66.

Analysis for Zn would also be desirable.  It would involve a chemical
separation step to isolate Zn from Cu however, but could be still accomplished.

The second sample seems to have a stronger Ni--Cu reaction.  Ni-59 may also
have formed with a half life of 76,000 years.  It decays to Co-59 by electron
capture and no gammas.  Mass spec data on Ni-59  and or Co-59 before and after
would be interesting to add to understanding the reaction, whatever it is.
Cobalt in the initial fuel would also be of interest to understand, if Co is
made during the reaction.

I would be surprised if Rossi has not done similar isotopic analyses as
suggested above.

The importance of a good Mass Spec machine and a quantitative chemistry lab
cannot be emphasized enough.  Since some of the suggested products are subject
to neutron activation, a simple exposure to thermal neutrons with a gamma
detector would also add greatly to the understanding of the before and after
species present.  Small material samples are all that is needed for such
testing.

Very significant results IMHO.

Bob Cook