Quoting Gilder's book preview "Average American households incomes and net
worth..."

Gilder's ignorance of the importance of median (or even mode) as opposed to
average of these variables might be written off as a mere mental typo were
it not for the fact that choosing average over median (or even mode) favors
the further centralization of wealth that he was a party to under supply
side economics -- a policy that not only contributed to the destruction of
the middle class but also to the demographic collapse of the Nation of
Settlers in the US.  That demographic collapse is prosecutable as genocide.