Hi,

Perhaps more to the point, where does the energy come from to create the muon in
the first place? A muon has a "mass" of 105.7 MeV. The only nuclear reaction
that can produce that sort of energy in one go is a heavy element fission
reaction. Even if the first one is a cosmic-ray muon, where do the rest come
from? One muon can catalyze multiple fusion reactions, but these occur
sequentially, and none of them release enough energy individually to produce a
new muon.

>On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:
>
>>     D+D + muon ? helium-4 + muon (instead of gamma)
>>
>> … where the fist muon can be a cosmic muon which can catalyze a reaction
>> and then be rejuvenated, renewed or replaced by the same fusion reaction
>> that it catalyzes.
>>
>> The muon is a “heavy electron” with a short life, but now we can surmise
>> that it can have its lifetime greatly extended as part of the catalysis. The
>> probability for this to occur is larger than zero, but how large? … “Maybe
>> it’s pretty high” says Byrnes. Can it explain the lack of gamma, as well?
>> Probably.
>> But now, as we are learning – this rebirth effect will be more robust
>> with SPP and fractional hydrogen.
>>
>A muon could possibly carry away as kinetic energy the energy that would
>otherwise go to a gamma.  But if we're talking about a single muon, how do
>you propose that the spin of the missing photon is conserved?
>
>Eric
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk