working). I hope to be among the first to witness this.

From: Jed Rothwell

Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:
Like the Papp engine, there will be strong disagreement over the thermodynamic
issues involved . . .
That is putting it mildly! I think most people would say it is a flat-violation
of the laws of thermodynamics. You cannot run anything on "atmospheric heat"
because the atmospheric temperature is uniform, except on a giant scale that I
do not think any human technology can achieve at present. I guess you could tap
atmospheric heat if the heat sink is outside the atmosphere, like a gargantuan
OTEC generator in air instead of water.

As for Papp, there is an overload of worthless anecdote still floating around
the net, but no independent evidence to suggest that a functional prototype was
ever built. It is all “stand” (with lots of arm waving) and no “deliver”.
Ha, ha! Well said.

One thing for sure, Papp and Rossi seem to have been cast from the same mold –
part inventor, part showman, and 100% controversial.
Yup.