Lennart Thornros <lenn...@thornros.com> wrote:

> I am not in agreement with that electricity is cheap.

It is much cheaper than gasoline per mile in an automobile. About 4 times
cheaper, depending on the cost of gasoline. You are now including energy
taxes and big brother's energy politics. That is fine with me as that is my
main idea that we are so over regulated that even the faintest hint of
common sense cannot be made. No, Jed electricity is not cheap.

Producing electricity locally, in my opinion as local as possible has a
> long list of advantages. It is less vulnerable, no transmission cost to
> mention a few.

Yes. As long as you are doing that you might as well bring it to each
individual house and get rid of the transmission network altogether. I see
no advantage to grouping houses and 20 and supplying one generator for each
group. You would still need wires connecting the houses.
 Surpise surprise I totally agree with you. However, even if there are
issues with implementation of the product I am sure we will benefit from
not having to use the total grid. It could be that best is to have two
generators for ten houses. Redundancy nad installation cost. The wires are
already there.

You are saying there are disadvantages with electrical cars besides slow
> recharging. The price is one and I can guarantee that the cost of batteries
> will decrease if there is a real competition.

Batteries have been in widespread use for 150 years. Enormous efforts have
gone into reducing the cost of batteries, without much progress. Perhaps
someday this R&D will pan out, but there has been real competition all
along. OK batteries has been worked on for a long time. I am sure if you
make a graph you will find most progress has been made the last ten years.
Just read the parallel thread about Mega Farad capacitors. You think that
is the final step> No it is not.

> You say that generating plant should be in the Gigawatt scale.

Only if cold fusion turns out to be unsafe for some reason such as because
it produces large amounts of tritium which cannot be reduced. I doubt that
is the case. I expect it will be safer than any conventional source of
energy such as natural gas, high-voltage electricity, or gasoline. The
beuty of LENR is that it can be deployed small scale. I read the article

http://www.lenr-forum.com/forum/index.php/Thread/2049-Small-scale-nuclear-fusion-could-become-a-new-source-of-energy-Press-release-fro/
they say there will be no significant radiation. I see no other safety
issues, lots of engineering though. I understood there was no issue with
Tritium production maybe  I read wrong. Here is what I read:
"No radiationThe new fusion process can take place in relatively small
laser-fired fusion reactors fuelled by heavy hydrogen (deuterium). It has
already been shown to produce more energy than that needed to start it.
Heavy hydrogen is found in large quantities in ordinary water and is easy
to extract. The dangerous handling of radioactive heavy hydrogen (tritium)
which would most likely be needed for operating large-scale fusion reactors
with a magnetic enclosure in the future is therefore unnecessary.
"

> I think we are so far apart in that opinion so I hardly know where to
> begin. Reality is that the idea of big, inflexible, vulnerable, is an
> bygone idea.

You misunderstood what I said. I would only advocate large reactors if cold
fusion is unsafe.I would rather engineer the safety issues or find another
LENR without the problem. Large scale is the problem.

> Your point about electrical cars having issues. short range and power
> weight ratio is of course correct. I think the range will be extended and
> the weight reduced in next generation batteries.

If cold fusion can be controlled and made safe there will be no reason to
develop next generation batteries. at this point I just disagree. I think
batteries will be attractive. There should be no reason to haLPG gas
bottles in a home plumbed for natural gas. Well it is.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

www.StrategicLeadershipSac.com
lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899
202 Granite Park Court, Lincoln CA 95648

“Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment
to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” PJM