Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> the operative detail left out is that empty “space” is arguably the
> virtual heat sink which would express temperatures near absolute zero (on
> paper). The idea is that ambient heat transfers to a virtual heat sink,
> which is very cold.

Yes, exactly.

> Can one cool via a refrigerant using the same work which is later
> harvested? Mainstream science of course says … (shouts)… NO WAY.

I do not shout that. I say it in my "inside voice." I also say that if
someone demonstrates it, I will believe it.

. . . We do use atmospheric heat in the form of wind, which is generated on
a scale larger than any human technology can achieve. I suppose you might
be able to do something like this on Mercury, which rotates around its axis
only 3 times in 2 years. You would have a large power station that moves
gradually across the surface keeping itself in dawn (or twilight), with the
heat sink on the night side.

A slow moving solar power generator on Mercury might be more practical.
Keep it at high noon.