Jones,

While this is interesting speculation, I have come to assess probabilities
of of heretofore unknown reactions based inversely on binding energy.  If
we look at molecular binding energy, it is less than atomic binding.
Nuclear binding energy is greater than atomic binding.  Sub-nucleon binding
would have to be even higher energy than nuclear.  Between each of these,
there seems to be a factor of somewhere between 10^3 and 10^6 in binding
energy.  With nuclear binding in the MeV range, sub-nucleon binding would
be in the GeV-TeV range.  These binding characteristics are part of the
nature of the stable universe.

So, to me, the probability of LENR being related to shenanigans in
sub-nucleonic physics is something like 10^3-10^6 less likely than
something happening in nuclear physics.

With sub-nucleonic binding in the GeV-TeV range, how can something like a
laser with photons in the eV range have an effect?