Excuse my relative ignorance of nuclear physics (not my bag, baby), but if
a Neutron is ejected by conventional means, it will exit with enough energy
to pose a hazard in the ways mentioned previously.

But being that Neutrons are not charged, if they are induced to be ejected
with comparatively low energy (slow neutron radiation), could the hazards
of radioactive isotopes and neutron radiation be mitigated?

Of course if they are ejected with very low energy, I'm not sure how that
helps excess energy show up.

John