From: Bob Higgins

*       Can you say what evidence the natural state should exhibit if such a
sub-nuclear shuffle were as "less difficult" as you describe?  Are there
natural occurrences that can be looked for that could validate such a
proposition?

Indeed – such a radical shift would have dramatic, even Universal repercussions
(turtles all the way down) <g>.

The obvious first place to look is our sun. Do we really understand the solar
hydrogen fusion cycle?  My opinion is that we could have it partly wrong,
especially the basic P+P reaction- which is statistically difficult to
reconcile. Here is the way the mainstream looks at it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton%E2%80%93proton_chain_reaction

But many observers are struck by the mechanics of the solar fusion cycle being
absolutely dependent on a rare beta decay in the diproton. Can that really
happen during the short lifetime of the species? Despite what you may think,
this critical detail has never been observed, and is merely an educated guess.
It is a guess which is based mostly on lack of another viable mechanism.

If Holmlid is shown to be correct – then on our sun, we should find that
nucleon disintegration could be happening instead of, or in addition to, the
fusion of protons. Of course, there would be some of both, since muons catalyze
fusion and we know that helium is formed. The proportions could be close to
even, however.

The precise details are impossible to frame without more information, but if
Holmlid is replicated, you will see solar cosmologists in a desperate scramble
to cover their proverbial trailing edges.