From: Bob Cook

>>>No other “single miracle” reaction of deuterium has yet been proposed to
>>>meet this criterion, since the excess energy is generally way too large to
>>>hide with any alternative explanation such as fusion or spallation. <<<

I suggested long ago that deuterium fuses to form He within the FCC Ni lattice
and distributes excess energy as spin energy in the Ni electronic structure
without the damage and radiation associated with high kinetic energy of the He
daughters.  That’s one miracle.

Bob,

What you describe is two or possibly three miracles.

The first miracle is that deuterium will fuse in a Ni lattice at far less than
the threshold energy necessary for nuclear fusion.

The second miracle is that the well-known mass difference and high level of
excess energy – 24 MeV does not occur immediately, in the form of gamma
radiation.

The third miracle is that the more probable fusion reactions of deuterium –
which normally happen with the release of neutrons or tritium, either of which
are easily detectable, never happen at all.

Jones