a.ashfield <a.ashfi...@verizon.net> wrote:

What I don't see is any agreement of how to handle the inevitable rise in
> unemployed.  The group-think politician's answer still appears to be "more
> education".

Yes. Education is a good thing, and I guess it can help with this problem,
but it cannot solve it. Lately, several smart people have shown that robots
and computers are likely to replace many jobs that call for high
educational attainment. Automation used to reduce manual labor only. Then
it eroded clerical jobs and cashiers. Now is likely to reduce labor across
the board.

This is either a problem or an opportunity, depending on how you look at
it, and how society chooses to respond.