This thread reminds me of my communist youth (In the USSR and In Poland):

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/life/intro.html
We believed that in the next economic system, Communism,  people will be
receiving goods "according to their needs, not according to their work.

Ludwik Kowalski (see Wikipedia)