My God,  military/prison robot applications signal a world rushing headlong
into a Terminator/Skynet situation.   Ray Kurzweil seems to think an Age Of
Spiritual Machines awaits us but that looks as naïve as every other
hope that technology would save us from war and oppression.   And who's going
to be liable for mistakes within the well-developed legal boiler-plate for
software presently - that basically says, 'you can't sue us if it doesn't
really work'.

At one time, there were jokes made about 'what if cars ran about as well as
some operating systems' ( turn off your car and reboot it).  Now, that's
exactly where we seem to be headed.

Automated phone response systems might just as well be run by an autistic
person with a low IQ.  Websites leave out critical specifics or fail to deal
with emergencies - exactly what AI should be capable of handling and isn't.
E-mail is a wonderful thing (as here) but customer service types can often
freely ignore pleas for help without consequence ( my experience).