Vibrator ! <mrvibrat...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can't help thinking optical thermometry would be preferable since it's
> impervious to heat damage...

But you can't use it for the inside thermocouples, and the outside one (T4)
is at moderate temperatures peaking at 167°C. There is no way that
temperature could cause damage. Plus I am sure it is hot enough that room
temperature fluctuations are not affecting it much.

At this point I would say T4 is the best evidence for anomalous heat.

Mizuno thinks someone should run this kind of cell with an air flow
calorimeter. That is a large, well-insulated box with the cell installed in
it. Air is blown through the box, with thermocouples measuring the air
temperature at the inlet and outlet, and an anemometer. This is how HVAC
engineers measure the performance of space heating furnaces. See:

http://www.calright.com/an_introduction_to_anemometers_