Muonic decay in the reactor is an interesting prospect that I would like to
read more about.  However, I don't think the muons, electrons, or protons
are going to escape the reactor in any large number due to the mass/cm^2
they would have to traverse to get out.  Muons are no more likely to
penetrate the reactor walls than electrons or protons of the same energy.
The reason that muons are an issue with the lead in the scintillator shield
is that the cosmogenic muons have a typical energy of 2GeV - probably 1000x
that of what could be created inside the reactor.  The penetration is
directly related to the energy of the muon.

Certainly some in-the-cave vs. out-of-the-cave measurements are in order,
but can't easily be done while the experiment is running.