Dave,

My point is not a strong one.  It is largely a comment to the effect that
there are many unknowns, and the relationship between amount of fuel and
the heat that is produced in a LENR system may not be straightforward.  To
answer your questions, suppose that for a given current (100 mA, say) there
is a minimally sufficient amount of fuel to get excess heat, e.g., 1g
active fuel.  Any amount of fuel above this threshold will not contribute
further without a higher current, and any amount below this threshold will
decrease the excess heat seen.  Within these parameters one can still
postulate excess heat as a function of temperature, which provides a second
variable.  If the temperature is high, because there is good insulation, or
we're using resistance heaters, that will multiply the excess heat in our
thought experiment.

My point is only to highlight an assumption that I thought worth exploring
-- that there is a simple relationship between the amount of fuel in a LENR
system and the amount of excess heat that is developed.  I am not aware of
an experiment in which any relationship, consistent with your suggestion or
otherwise, is clearly shown.

Eric