Yes Jones, but I have always maintained the fact that COP can be raised
whenever the beginning point is greater than 1.  I do not agree that it has a
limitation as long as the geometry can be adjusted.

For example.  take a design that has a fixed surface area and volume with a
measured amount of fuel contained within.  If you agree that this design can
deliver a COP of 1.5 then you must agree that the outer surface temperature can
be determined to be at some level, when a certain input power is applied.

Now, if you double the amount of fuel contained within the volume you can be
quite certain that the outside temperature will increase, correct?  The new
quantity of fuel just added must put out additional heat once it is subjected
to the original internal temperature.  Any new heat exiting the device adds to
the original quantity that was used to calculate the original COP.

This is very simple to understand and I do not see any explanation that can be
used to deny that the COP should nearly double in the new example.  The same
general type of arguement can be applied by the addition of insulation.

In both cases above the input power can remain the same while the output power
varies depending upon the amount of fuel that is inserted within the fixed
volume.  In a like manner the COP can be reduced to 1 by removing all of the
fuel.  It works both ways.

Can you point out why this would not work as I have described?  A simple
example would suffice.

Dave