Jed - My point was that you have talked to some people.
You do not know if they said things to make you 'just go away'. There was
no reason to fill you in with more than what sat on their tongue.
You are drawing conclusions and make them sound like facts based on very
weak contacts.
In addition Mats might obtain the info in time for his decision to cancel
the meeting. (I do not know his deadline).
There are timing issues and sitting on the outside with sparse info is not
of any value as a factual argument.
You see how it is sometimes very hard to tell ALL the truth. You do not
want to say with whom you spoke. I am sure you have your reasons.
To talk about your inside info. Then not reveal reveal the contact makes
your argument weak at best.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)