You will certain not prevail in this media. Let me tell you something. In
my country, Brazil, evangelicals were suppressed or ridiculed by the
catholic church and mainstream media. But, John Pope II made the grave
mistake of alienating the popular movement of the church that helped bring
down the military dictatorship. What happened is that evangelicals seized
the opportunity to grab a lot Catholics, despite all contrary pressure from
the media.

The point is that you should get a distance  from middle class and target
the poor. Forget the 1% complaints, focus on the lower 10% against the rest
(that is obviously much more difficult in developed countries, since on
these you have a much stronger "safety net"). Eventually, you will reach a
larger base.