To have an educated opinion from someone in contact with poors in emerging
countries, I advise this article, and moer generally to follows Hernando De
Soto
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/hernando-de-soto/piketty-wrong-third-world_b_6751634.html

globally my position, inspired by a personal experience from western
socialized society to emerging country is that the problem is not
capitalisme, but lack of real free capitalism, and weak state of law.

In Egypt, half of what was said to be wages, salaries, in Egypt statistics
after some

There is no problem about robots if the worker can own a robot.
It should happen as the robots will be made by robots thus will be cheap.
problems is that in many place, even USA, what de Soto called mercantilism,
what some call Crony capitalism, what french call Colbertism, is the
reality of pretended capitalism.

Why a taxi should be afraid of losing his job if he can make his taxi work
for him, and why not buy many taxi to transport many more clients for the
same budget as before, but without much work ?

As I understand the price of things is simply the price of work, even if
the currency change around that reality (not the opposite). Energy is work,
biased by taxes imposed by monopolies like when you pay oil to someone who
did not cook it few millions years ago. anyway if you buy oil to the emirs,
this mean that for you it saves work to make oil from whale oil or from
corn. The price you pay to the emirs is just below the price of that work
you don't pay.

I'm not afraid of AI, my latest AI is made by two great inventors, me and
my wife, and the training phase is a job in itself... much more difficult
than programming, but in fact most humans are OK with that competence.
Programmes will lose their jobs, but will become just professors.

the horse never put slaves on the dole, it just allowed them to be
independent farmers.

capitalism for all, this is the new utopia. Not easy as everywhere the
lobbies of incumbent try to exploit government to shelter them from
competition and poors who organized to innovate.

PS: I'm just typeproofing a testimony of a tapol (Communist/leftist
political prIsoners of Soeharto US backed regime in indonesia) exiled in
Buru island...
The irony is that the island was managed like a soviet farm, forced to make
rice with no freedom ...
around 72 (after some escaped following a murder of a guardian, later
attributed to a battle between guardians who trafficked wood pieces) there
was a reform and they allowed, like in USSR or in popular China, some
private business, some currency usage , beside the soviet economy of rice
as decided by the ministers.
It worked and they ate better, even if the prisoner was moaning some get
richer because of lucky positions...
Hard to explain to someone devoted to communisme whose life was runed by
pretended capitalism system, that he was starved in a communist prison
system, by a crony capitalist government, and he could only eat better when
it became more entrepreneur-friendly and accepted inequality rise...