Jones –

Good questions and fair to midland conclusions.

What was the nature of the reactants in each of the run-away reactions?
--Pd-D, Ni-H, Li involved, Ti   involved etc?

Was the size of the likely coherent system in the various cases limited?

Were sharply peaking resonance conditions likely?  If so, what type of
resonances?

Were significant applied  magnetic fields present?  If so, how big?

Did the accidents initiate under some upper bound temperature or pressure
associated with phonic resonances?  If so, what temperatures / pressures?  One
of Peter H’s early LENR theories addresses the coupling associated with phonic
resonances I believe-- ICCF-2or 3.

Your focus on phonons—lattice vibrations—may relate to a positive temperature
coefficient reflecting an increased probability of a temperature induced
resonant condition in an increasing population of coherent systems.  Thus,
limiting the size of the possible coherent systems in the fuel of the reactor
may limit the size of the creation of energetic phonons (heat) and the
establishment of resonant conditions in nearby  coherent systems.  Small grains
in metals would act to limit the size of adjacent coherent systems and the
amount of energy transformed during any single reaction.

Bob Cook

Sent from Mail for Windows 10