Brian,

That is the most interesting characteristic to me as well.  It seems logical
that if the outside surface is cooler than the ambient that heat energy must be
entering the Billet.  Where this energy goes is the main question I would like
to see answered.  Of course we realize that energy is also entering the Billet
and surrounding components from the external battery via the drive pulses.

Apparently, you are an eye witness to the observation that an electric light is
illuminated and the battery is receiving charge for an extended period of time.
 This observation implies that energy is coming from some source while the
device is in operation.  The obvious first guess is that heat energy is
extracted from the ambient region and converted into electrical energy.

We should not be willing to give up on the thermodynamic laws too readily
however.  Keeping that thought, one might believe that a magnetic form of heat
pump is taking place, except it is not clear where the pumped heat is being
exhausted, while there appears to be electrical energy generated.  Magnetic
refrigeration has been around for a while and it is actually a form of heat
pumping.  And, magnetic refrigeration obeys the thermodynamic laws.

So Brian, did you notice any portion of the Billet and surrounding materials
becoming warmer than the ambient?  If not, you have a really interesting
phenomena to pursue.

Dave