From: Jones Beene<mailto:jone...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Monday, July 3, 2017 5:50 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com<mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vo]:A forgotten chapter in LENR

The Fredericks work is with photographic emulsion, which is a
light-sensitive chemical reaction used in photography. That kind of film
is much easier to expose and consequently it has limited usefulness for
LENR. Even body heat from the experimenter's handling can produce fogging.

X-ray film is much more difficult to expose and consequently, when
fogging occurs, it means that something more energetic (enough to
produce x-rays) is taking place. However, in both cases silver is a main
ingredient of the film. Thus if one wishes to get away from film
altogether, and try to verify that a novel type of radiation is being
produced, then it may help to retain silver, and this is what Alan is
doing. Silver may have special properties, such as for converting dense
hydrogen back to normal hydrogen.

Alan's first test run is underway and details can be seen in the Google
Live Doc at

https://goo.gl/rTDz87

Imagine (as an arguable mechanism) that nickel contact converts a tiny
amount of hydrogen into a dense form (UDH)... and then silver contact
converts it back to full density. If this process is not symmetrical in
terms of energy, then soft x-rays could be the end result. As to where
that x-ray energy comes from - that can be determined later but if it
were to be actual fusion, we would expect gammas.

The Arata work and Ahern's replication is similar - and in all cases,
the lack of electrolysis current only means that the radiation effect
does not depend on electrochemistry - only on mechanical contact. As for
Nigel's point about actual fusion as the underlying mechanism - yes,
nothing including fusion should be ruled out at this stage - but finding
an alternative mechanism makes this more palatable for the mainstream
and we do not need another "miracle" to explain the lack of gammas.

Fredericks at http://restframe.com/

 >         Keith does not know what he is seeing has comes about, but he
does understand how the metalized hydride behaves.