Axil Axil wrote:

I consider transmutation as a LENR success. Excess heat is a low order effect.

No problem with that and certainly no problem with Kevin's advocacy for looking primarily for radiation effects. In fact, radiation without large transmutation is the best of all worlds, so long as the radiation is strong but not too strong.

If you find soft x-rays, for instance, then almost certainly there will be excess heat somewhere in the system - and with proper instruments radiation "should be" easier to detect since much of the excess heat could actually escape (if we believe Holmlid's muons).

This is why I have been bringing up the old research from around 1991 and 1992 using x-ray film.

Nowadays, there are meters to detect soft x-rays but these instruments were not available up until about 2012 when they were developed to see "dark matter".