What most people don't know also is that the cosmic ray flux affects the
weather.  Galactic cosmic rays are variable and depend in part on our solar
system's orbital position in the spiral arm.  Cosmic rays variably affect
the weather by penetration into the lower atmosphere, nucleating water
droplets, and hence forming clouds.  The amount of cosmogenic cloud
formation depends on the cosmic ray rate and average energy.

Solar activity varies the solar magnetic field which changes the Earth's
magnetic field, and hence the Earth's magnetic protection from cosmic
rays.  Of course, greater solar activity also affects the rate of solar
generated high energy particles which behave similarly to cosmic rays.

Increased cosmic ray/solar particle flux causes more clouds and causes a
net cooling on the Earth.  Increased solar magnetic fields cause increased
Earth's magnetic fields that shield from cosmic rays.  So, increased solar
magnetic fields means less clouds on Earth and higher temperatures on the
Earth.

As I understand it, the link between solar magnetic fields, solar particle
flux, cosmic ray flux, and clouds is not part of present climate models.