Unfortunately Bob, some formatting error occurred in your email and I could
not read the whole of the first paragraph.

What you say about the plasma consisting of "Li ions, microscopic Li
droplets, microscopic Al droplets and Al ions" is possible, though the Li
and Al "droplets" are unlikely.  Any Li droplets would certainly evaporate
in the plasma, and any Al droplets would likely fall out of the plasma but
is possible some remain.  Rossi never claimed a "neutral" plasma that I
remember (I could be wrong).  He claimed approximately equal positive ion
and electron currents.  If the tube were a high vacuum electron tube, there
would only be electron carriers of the current.  In such a case, the mean
free path would be long and characteristic x-rays would be emitted from the
Ni electrode.  Since there are approximately equal positive ion carriers as
electrons (if we believe Rossi's claim), the mean free path will be short
(due to electron impact causing the positive ions), and the electron energy
at the anode will be small and produce no x-rays.

I cannot comprehend a magnetic field configuration that would
unidirectionally focus an omnidirectional emission of alpha particles.  If
you had such a thing it would be useful for making radioisotope alpha
emitter batteries.

I saw no evidence of sufficient apparatus to generate a quadrapole magnetic
field in Rossi's reactor.  I also doubt that he has that competence.

BH