I am currently working on something potentially related.

I want to keep chasing what I am chasing, but there could be overlap.  I am
passing an unidentified energy that cannot be detected until it passes
through a "window", but this works better if the detector is above, it does
not (without modification) work if the order is reversed.  Probably just
coincidental similarity.

I have a Geiger counter, and I have some HV supplies, but I don't have
anything to make a vacuum.