The key to the Holmlid effect is the creation of CP violation. What can
produce this condition?

There is a upcoming version of QM that uses complex numbers and
four-dimensional Riemann space. It's used to handle open systems.

It is called PT-symmetric quantum mechanics.

PT-symmetric quantum mechanics is an extension of conventional quantum
mechanics into the complex domain. (PT symmetry is not in conflict with
conventional quantum theory but is merely a complex generalization of it.)
PT-symmetric quantum mechanics was originally considered to be an
interesting mathematical discovery but with little or no hope of practical
application, but beginning in 2007 it became a hot area of experimental
physics.

http://www.europhysicsnews.org/articles/epn/pdf/2016/02/epn2016472p17.pdf

If  PT symmetry is broken, so is CP symmetry.

The polariton condensate can produce PT symmetry breakage via  the
transformation of its dipole whispering gallery waves (WGW) as predicted
by  PT-symmetric quantum mechanics.

A critical clue to the role of symmetry breaking in LENR is the observation
that the application of an electrostatic field (a laser flash) catalyzes
spontaneous symmetry breaking in the WGW via the Kerr effect.

The result of the application of a KERR stimulus is a monopole where just a
single rotating polariton spin current remains. This current is an
amplified sum of the initial double counter rotating polariton dipole
currents. The chiral handedness of the two counter rotating polariton
currents also merge into a single much more amplified polariton current.

In more detail, it looks like the index of refraction of the vacuum changes
under the influence of EMF.

This idea is the basis for the activation signal in the LENR reaction. The
nature of the vacuum that the polaritons reside in is changed by B and/or E
fields to induce a change of state in the circulation patterns of the
polariton in the cavity. This is the KERR effect. This reorganization of
polariton flow is what focuses the spin components of the polaritons into a
monopole magnetic flux tube beam.

After the laser flash, the polaritons that comprise the condensate
transform into a tachyonic field and thereby acquire  imaginary mass. This
puts the polariton condensate into a dark mode state that may also add
something to the Holmlid effect.

Ken Shoulders called this dark mode state a "black EVO."