I now have an opinion that the LENR reaction has two separate but
concurrent modes of energy production: *matter transmutation* and *vacuum
energy extraction*.

Thinking back since 2011, all of the LENR reactors that have been built
have had a very low COP because they were running mostly in matter
transmutation mode. Rossi's mouse reactor had a COP of 1.1 and the Lugano
reactor had a COP of fewer than 3 for example.

Such matter transmutation reactors are essentially useless for energy
production since transmutation produces little energy. Transmutation only
occurs when the LENR reaction stops.

With the advent of the SK reactor, this LENR reaction gets most of its
power from the vacuum and little from matter transmutation.

I think that the key to changing the mode in which the LENR reactor
operates is the nature of the pumping signal.

I speculate that the SK uses a very high frequency pumping signal in the
gigacycle to terracycle range. This causes EMF black holes to be produced
(life cycle) a billion to a trillion times a second. Each such nano black
hole adds a few photons to the total energy inventory, but that very fast
on/off cycling causes power to accumulate in large amounts. Rossi uses the
same fuel in this SK reactor as he did in his Lugano and mouse reactor
designs. What makes all the difference is how Rossi pumps the LENR
reaction.  This is just a speculation to keep in mind...

Yes, I bet that Rossi can change the power output of his SK reactor by
adjusting the frequency of the pumping signal.