Kevin O'Malley <kevmol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Jed is
> already posted in as willing to do it for a cool $million.   That
> makes me look cheap in comparison.

That was a JOKE.

> Of course I think Someone ELSE should bell the
> cat, like Jed Rothwell whom I posted as a good candidate, since he's
> tested cold fusion devices before. He declined.

I declined because I know nothing about gamma rays. I am totally
unqualified to test this claim. Also because I am in the U.S. There must be
hundreds of people in the UK qualified to do this.

The question is "what
> would it take for ME to bell the cat". This is the answer.

That answer is absurd. It is $97,000 too expensive. A person would be
insane to pay that much, or to contribute to that effort.

Not only that, but your entire approach is ass-backwards. Putting the cart
before the horse. No one should contribute any money to your proposed test
until the following has been done:

1. They have to INVITE YOU. Obviously!!

2. Smith & George have to publish a comprehensive report describing their
instruments, procedures and results. This is essential. People have to know
what you will see, and how to go about testing it. Let us have no surprises.

3. Various experts should examine their report, critique it, and give
advice. They should say: "Sure, that looks good. Here's how I would test
it. Here are the instruments I would take." If they say, "I can't tell" or
"that doesn't sound like it is working" then no one should pay Kevin
O'Malley to go look at it. That would be a stupid waste of money.

4. In the GFM page, O'Malley should list his background, qualifications and
similar tests he has done in the past. He should post a detailed list of
the procedures he intends to do, and a detailed lists of expenses. Again,
no one should contribute a dime until that is made clear. We have no idea
whether he is qualified, or the right person for the job. Someone else in
the UK may be a much better choice.

5. O'Malley should list the planned "deliveries" from this project. He
should say that after he returns home, within a month he will publish a
report that confirms claims A, B and C made by Smith and George. (Or not
confirm them.)

With any less preparation than this, you would be running off half-cocked.
You would probably waste the money and time. Do it carefully and
professionally, or don't do it at all.

Smith and George had said that various experts visited them and gave the
project a positive evaluation. However, we have no idea who these experts
are, what they saw, or what they said. So that doesn't count. We can't make
anything of it. Of course S&G have every right to keep this secret, but I
suggest we pay no attention to them until they go public and publish a
professional paper. In my opinion, secret projects have no credibility.
That includes the project at Texas Tech. The people doing it are skilled
but for all I know they could be making terrible mistakes.