Keith Fredericks has made extensive progress over the years in
characterizing these solatons. They are monopole tachyons and keith's
experiments prove it; actually they are a tachyon condensate. By knowing
this key descriptor, there is a ton of string theory that explains how this
condensate works in detail. It appears that one of the main goals of string
theory is to explain what a tachyon condensate is. Ed Witten has come up
with a theory that explains how these bubbles of false vacuum behave.

Here is a presentation that explains why the solaton follows a spiral
path... well it is because it is a tachon condensate.

ICCF-18 : Keith Fredericks "Possibility of Tachyon ..."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRKblAn8lLI