I have no idea why this subject continues to be controversial in the
slightest. There are any number of carbon arc configurations that produce
elemental transmutation of carbon to iron. I have done this repeatedly myself.
The last time, years ago, I used spectroscope grade carbon rods to make sure of
lack of contamination. And yes, you get magnetically separable particles as a
result. For those who are wont to believe this must be some sort of magnetic
pyrolytic graphite, it's easy to test chemically proving that these particles
are indeed iron. Just dissolve in dilute sulfuric acid, and react with
potassium ferricyanide. If you get that characteristic Prussian blue color,
it's iron. Case closed. Incidentally, potassium ferricyanide is now called
potassium hexacyanoferrate. It wasn't typically called that when I did the
experiment, but people who call themselves scientists just gotta have meetings
and change terminology to show how important they are. These are the same bunch
who will discredit this simple experiment until their dying breath, no matter
how incontrovertible it is.

     On Monday, April 12, 2021, 06:08:11 PM PDT, William Beaty