When transporting or storing dry ice, styrofoam is your friend. A Dewar flask
would be preferable, but only thermos bottles are commonly available, and a lot
of them are no longer Dewars. A styrofoam cooler would probably make your dry
ice last the 2 1/2 hour trip as long as it's full. Large pieces are preferable
just to reduce the total surface area.

Since you would be traveling in a car, you would want to make sure of good
ventilation to prevent carbon dioxide build up.

Storing in a freezer could help, as long as the dry ice is inside a styrofoam
container. The freezer, although far above the dry ice temperature would at
least slow down the heat loss.

Some of your fancier ice cream places are using liquid nitrogen to make instant
ice cream, so if that would do the trick for your cooling purpose, there might
be a supply nearer you.