It seems as if you are going to do some serious experimenting, and would have
to make that 5 hour trek more often than you would like. You could save
yourself a lot of time and gasoline if you just made your own dry ice. It's
pretty simple. You can buy the whole setup. It's basically a canvas bag
connected to a CO2 cylinder. You can rent the gas cylinder from a welding
supply house. Obviously, that's more expensive than buying some dry ice, but
probably cheaper than making that trip frequently.