Buy slab-type, slabs kept in a stack to avoid internal convection.

Buy an Al mylar "space blanket" and wrap the slab-stack in many layers.

Best is to store the whole thing in a thick styrofoam box placed inside a bigger drinks-cooler.

Doing that, you can make 20lbs last for over a week.

While driving, blow outside air or keep windows cracked, so you DON'T DIE. (Usually this isn't a big issue, since when done right, the offgassing will be low. People only die when they try using paper bags to transport many cubic feet of pellet-type, in hot desert environment (with car sealed, with air conditioning on "recirculate," and with air flowing through the pellets.)

For Burning Man, I took 30lbs in a DIY chamber made from many layers of foil-coated 1/2" styrofoam, for walls 6in thick. I was sitting all day in Center House, handing out chips so people could cool their drinks. The only problem was with hot wind storms, where my big box was outside the tent. Tiny tiny air leaks acted like blow-torches, carving little slots in the surface of my slab-stack. (That's when I started wrapping the whole thing in reflective mylar.)