Jones,
I looked quickly at the patent by Haisch and Moddel but could not find
anything about cooling. However, the authors of this paper,
ttps://arxiv.org/abs/0910.5893
experimentally investigated the claims of Haisch and Moddel in section
2.3.2. They tried to find alternative explanations for the observed
emissions. They ruled out cooling caused by the Joule-Thompson effect as a
possible explanation.

Harry