Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

That is to say - if LENR is indeed real and robust - then it is very likely
> that splitting water using catalysis, on a large scale will uncover the
> extent of LENR utility as a base technology.

Why? What would be the point of splitting water if you have LENR? What
would you use the hydrogen for?

The only use for hydrogen is to generate energy, with a fuel cell or
combustion. If you have LENR you use it to generate energy directly.

Generating hydrogen with wind turbines is a way to store the energy. That
is needed because wind power does not come on demand. It may be that
battery storage is now more economical than storing hydrogen. However, for
large scale storage, hydrogen may have an edge. I wouldn't know about that.