Robin <mixent...@aussiebroadband.com.au> wrote:

> I fell asleep about half way through. The "lead" was buried so deep (if it
> even exists) that I just gave up.
> They talk about producing 10-20 watts of excess heat, but what percentage
> is that of the total? Do they mention it
> anywhere?

This is gas loading, so there is no input power. It is all gravy.

I mean there is no direct input power. Not like electrolysis. Granted, the
reactor has to be heated to ~800°C or it does nothing. No doubt that takes
external electricity in this experiment. But in a practical insulated
reactor, it would self-heat. After it reached the operating temperature of
~800°C you could turn off the external heater.

10 W from 20 g of material is excellent performance for an experiment. It
is easy to measure. The calorimeter precision is ~0.2 W. 800°C would give
excellent Carnot efficiency. However this is still far below the power per
gram from something like a fission reactor pellet, which is 180 W/12 g (1
cubic centimeter).