Hi Jed,

Thanks for providing a clear and concise summary.
If Hydrogen is used as the fuel, then it has to be produced, so how much energy
is produced / atom of Hydrogen consumed?
(I consider this to be the true measure of utility.)

[snip]
>This is gas loading, so there is no input power. It is all gravy.
>
>I mean there is no direct input power. Not like electrolysis. Granted, the
>reactor has to be heated to ~800°C or it does nothing. No doubt that takes
>external electricity in this experiment. But in a practical insulated
>reactor, it would self-heat. After it reached the operating temperature of
>~800°C you could turn off the external heater.
>
>10 W from 20 g of material is excellent performance for an experiment. It
>is easy to measure. The calorimeter precision is ~0.2 W. 800°C would give
>excellent Carnot efficiency. However this is still far below the power per
>gram from something like a fission reactor pellet, which is 180 W/12 g (1
>cubic centimeter).
Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

Drive your electric car every second day and recharge it from solar panels on
your roof on the alternate days.
The other days, drive your spouses car, and do the same with it.