Nick Palmer wrote:

I took the liberty of correcting/editing about four obvious voice transcription errors in the piece...

Thanks!

For some reason, voice input works badly in the Wikipedia interface. It makes more mistakes than usual. I should do all text preparation in Microsoft Word or the dedicated NaturallySpeaking editor, and then transfer the text, but that is tedious.

Perhaps we should make a serious effort to tone this article down and make it semi-acceptable to the skeptics. I had such fun writing it after while I decided I would not bother going to the motions to anticipate their objections. Now they will tear it to pieces, and my efforts will be wasted. But I have preserved the text and I may use it some day elsewhere.

Here is a funny, wicked, right-on description of Wikipedia, published today:

http://www.wired.com/news/columns/0,70670-0.html?tw=wn_index_3