Kyle R. Mcallister wrote:

> [...]

I honestly don't know how or if it can work in space.

> If you think that the Lifter will work if it is surrounded by an enclosed
> container with a gas inside it, to allow for ion circulation, but outside
> the container is the vacuum of interstellar space, then explain why it
> didn't produce thrust when I completely enclosed it in a large (but
> lightweight) dielectric shield?

Perhaps it won't work no matter what... but then again...perhaps an enclosed
lifter will not work while it is resting on the Earth.  Instead it may need
to be in free fall briefly before it will work.  If that turns out to be
true then it will work in space. This is entirely speculative, so don't ask
me to explain it at this time.

> This is really getting ridiculous. Jean-Louis and everyone will parade
> around any Joe Blow who puts together a lifter with some sandwich wrap and
> matchsticks, and flies it from hacking into the guts of an old computer
> monitor, but if anyone sets out to do some real, controlled science on this
> thing and see what is actually going on....well, the rest is as they say,
> history. Myself, Michel, Xavier, etc. have all been attacked in some form
> for trying to do some real research into this and find out what is going on.
> What we found wasn't what the Lifter people wanted to hear, so *obviously*
> we just don't know what we are doing.

I am all for careful experimentation. It helps to bring issues into focus
and tacit assumptions to light.

If you are sure you have the right explanation why do you care what
they say ?

However, I get the impression you feel more resigned and annoyed than sure.
;-)

Harry