Hi Michel,
[snip]
>Doing calculations in an accelerating frame makes me sick I am afraid ;-) But
>I guess it would be the same force, since it's not a ficticious one like e.g.
>the centrifugal force.
>
>My turn to give you some homework Harry, could you try the new multiwire-plane
>design guide I posted earlier today and let me know how usable it is? Say
>design the mother of all lifters, with the following specs:
>
>100 kg thrust, 1 m gap, 0.9 kV/mm
>
>Power consumption, area, wire spacing?
>
>Michel
[snip]
Someone should try a flying saucer shaped lifter, with a circular wire ring on
top as positive electrode, and disk shaped cathode underneath. The advantage of
this is that you get extra lift from the Coander effect. The body should be a
good insulator (styrafoam?).

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rvanspaa/

Competition (capitalism) provides the motivation,
Cooperation (communism) provides the means.