Charles Brown sez:

> I am looking for people that sincerely want to
> escape the Second Law of Thermodynamics.

Seems there have been other recent claims just as provocative as Mr. Brown's
that have been made here as well.

Brown's statement, however, strikes me as one of the most curiously worded
proclamations of intent that I've read in quite a while... looking for a few
good men (or women.)

It would seem that there have been a LOT of proclamations lately on how one's
simulated s/w models have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that they have
discovered "the-way" to beat the 2LoT, that "their" model points the way to
salvation, to a panacea of free energy just waiting to save the world.

Can it be done? Who knows. Science fiction authors have certainly conquered the
2LoT barrier many times over, so why can't it be done in our provincial little
universe as well. Reality is often stranger than fiction.

I can only offer the following snippet of insight, the result of a few hard
lessons learned at my own expense - literally at my own expense.

There was a time in my own recent history when I had come up with a model that
seemed to point the way to a panacea of FE. It was a well thought out model
too. I did the physics. I checked out the math thoroughly, as best as I could.
The software simulations I was running at the time also seemed to confirm time
after time that I had been correctly applying the math to my understanding of
basic laws of physics.

There was only one thing left for me to do - build the contraption. Fortunately
for me the endeavor, while costly, wasn't going to be so outrageously expensive
that I couldn't at least get a good idea as to whether I was on the right track
or not. In the end I think I spent somewhere around two thousand dollars of
personal savings in R&D, building my own POC, Proof of Concept prototype.

The result of my intense endeavor was - most educational.

It didn't work as advertised. Why? Didn't I do the math right? Where did I go
wrong?

Eventually, with the help of another colleague (who shall remain nameless) I
discovered my error.

The biggest irony of it all for me was the fact that my math WAS correct - my
"theory" worked. Unfortunately, Mother Nature never asked me for my opinion on
how she runs the store. The problem was I had misinterpreted a particular law
of physics, specifically how magnetic fields interact with each other. It's a
rather interesting phenomenon too, an interactive condition that is easy to
misinterpret. However, because I had made a simple misinterpretation in my
application of physics my "flawless" math took me down a road of roses filled
with the best of intentions.

Sometimes I try to comfort myself with the fact that it was an honest mistake
on my part, one based on the best collection of information I had at my
fingertips at the time. But a mistake it still was.

These days, when I hear proclamations that their specially assembled software
simulations (which, granted, are claimed to be based on how the real universe
operates) show how to generate oodles and oodles of free energy, I find myself
remembering how my own simulations had also predicted the same claims.

The best of luck to you all. May the best men and women win the prize!

Don't be surprised however if it turns out to be a valuable educational
experience. Hopefully, you will be able to afford the tuition

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWirks.com