Michel Jullian wrote:
I'll agree with Paul for once, LTSpice is truly excellent, not only
free but also one of the most accurate and fastest Spice
implementations around. A must have for anyone involved in EE.
Graphical interface a bit surprising at first, but quite efficient
when you get used to it.

Well thanks to both of you (Michel & Paul) for the pointer.

I've been using an ancient free demo version of MicroSim which is no longer maintained (I think the company went out of business). Could definitely use something better; I'll give LTSpice a try.