Horace wrote:

> ...  At local state well operator classes I've seen an actual
> demonstration of a MIOX pocket pen run by AA batteries.  The MIOX is
> produced in the pen by electrolysis and then mixed with a much larger
> volume of water to be decontaminated.  The pen was produced for the
> military.

Very clever indeed, one only needs 2 drops of household bleach to potabilize 1
L of contaminated water so I can well imagine a pocket device is enough for one
man's drinking needs. Every person in the third world should have one of those.

What are the electrodes made of, do you know? And what do you feed it apart
from AA batteries, just table salt?

Michel