Looking back at the archive I realize we already talked about this Altair
battery last year (May 2006 thread "Fully Charged in About 8 Minutes" initiated
by Chris Zell), but they didn't deliver yet then, and there was no mention of
titanate.

Still more on this here:
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2007/06/05/breaking-gm-awards-two-battery-development-contracts-for-chevy/

Quote:
"7. An Altairnano lithium titanate battery has been charged and discharged over
25,000 times with almost no loss in charge capacity. That's a lifetime of over
20 years people. It can be charged in less than 10 minutes. It doesn't overheat
or have thermal runaway. It is currently being demonstrated on a 5 passenger
truck and has a range of 135 miles, goes from 0-60 in 10 seconds, top speed of
95 mph."

End quote.

Although a bit heavy and expensive (the latter will change with volume
hopefully), this battery does seem miraculous wrt fast charge and number of
cycles!

Quoting Chris: "  The Really Good Battery:  the one invention that will change
everything from global warming to Arab governments."

Michel