Reading everything that has been said, and a lot of things that
haven't between the lines, I have come to personal conclusion (a
conclusion which nevertheless could be inaccurate) that Dr. Swartz
doesn't get along with either Mr. Rothwell and/or Dr. Storms. Or
perhaps it's the other way around. What seems abundantly clear to me
is that neither side is particularly fond of the other. I gather there
is history between the principal parties, one that goes back a-ways. I
gather this is just another flare-up, almost as if I was watching our
sun flare-up in the midst of another eleven-year cycle.

I don't get along with certain individuals at work as well due to my
own peculiar set of peccadilloes. Why should Dr. Swartz, Mr. Rothwell,
and Dr. Storms operate any differently. It does make us all
interesting...human.

Let me spell out the implications more clearly:

If an individual for whatever reason feels they cannot trust the
integrity of another individual who appears to be in the position of
editing [tampering with] their personal material (their CHILD,
so-to-speak!)...well, it is highly unlikely that there's going to be a
lot of cooperation in this arrangement. It is highly unlikely that an
agreement could ever be reached due to mistrust, the constant
misinterpretation of the intentions and motivations of the other
individual. There will be little desire to cooperate and/or compromise
on any issue or principal.

Seems to me that Dr. Swartz has made it abundantly clear that he
distrusts the intentions, the underlying motivations of Dr. Storms and
Mr. Rothwell. The feelings appear to be mutual on the other end as
well.

And there you have it. Perhaps it's time to move on.

I gather few have been able to access the contents of Dr. Swartz's
papers, specifically the ones in dispute, because as I understand it
they aren't on-line ANYWHERE. Is this correct assumption, or have I
erred? Under the circumstances it seems to me that if Dr. Schwartz
would be so kind as to upload the disputed papers to his own web site
(as-is?) that this would go a long way in resolving the controversy.
Is there a problem with this approach? Is there insufficient web space
available at Dr. Swartz web site?

In the greater scheme of things does it really matter WHERE the papers
can be downloaded, just as long as they are accessible.

My two cents

Regards,
Steven Vincent Johnson
www.OrionWorks.com